Name: Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate
Other Name: Glycyrrhizic acid dipotassium salt
Appearence: White or white fine powder
Molecular Formula: C42H60K2O16
Molecular Weight: 899.13
Dipotassium glycyrrhizinate is a salt of glycyrrhizic acid that exhibits several properties that make it useful for cosmetic purposes. Glycyrrhizic acid is also known as glycyrrhizinic acid or glycyrrhizin.It is extracted from licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra). However, due to glycyrrhizic acid being poorly soluble in water, its potassium salt is frequently utilized instead in skin care products. Dipotassium glycyrrhizinate is a substance well known to the medical community because it has been investigated as potential treatment for several disorders.
1. Has the functions of adrenocortical hormones
2. Has the functions of resisting ulcer, inflammation and allergy.
3. Detoxify, antibiotic, obviously suppress HIV appreciation to strengthen the immunity.
4. Resist brain diseases caused by blood deficiency, preventing artery sclerosis from occurring anddevelopment.
5. It is chiefly applied to pharmaceuticals industry as the material of eyedrop and officinal toothpaste;
6. It has the efficacy in Anti-inflammatory, antianaphylaxis and moist boost.
7. It is active against conjunctivitis, keratitis, stomatitis and periodontitis.
8. used for skin refresher lotion and facial cream in cosmetic industry.
9. Sweetening agent, antistaling agent and flavouring agent for sports drinks in food industry.
10. It is efficacious in the treatment of syndromes due to deficiency of qi in the spleen and stomach and cough with dyspnea
11. It is prescribed to treat insufficiency of blood and deficiency of qi, manifested as spontaneous sweating, palpitation, and knotted and intermittent pulses
In cosmetic industry the dipotassium glycyrrhizinate is used in skin cream, body wash, freckle cream and facial mask. It is chiefly applied to pharmaceuticals industry as the material of eyedrop and stomatitis ointment. In daily-use chemical industry, the dipotassium glycyrrhizinate is applied to toothpaste.
Method of application:
At first the dipotassium glycyrrhizinate should be solving with little water in normal temperature. After that it could be add it into cosmetic by producing process.
Dosage of application:
The recommended application amount shall be 5‰---10‰,according to related procedure requirements ,it could be adjusted.
Particle Size100%> 80mesh
Loss on Drying≦5.0%
Total Heavy Metals≤10ppm
Total Plate Count≤1000cfu/g
Total Yeast & Mold≤100cfu/g
E.ColiNMT 30 MPN/100g
25kg/drum OR 1kg/bag
Storage Stored in a cool and dry well-closed container kept away from moisture and strong light or high temperature;
Shelf Life: Two years under well Storage situation and stored away from direct sun light.
China Herbal Extract factory